Sunday, October 5, 2008

Rebekah's Friends Birthday Party

Due to sickness that our family suffered a week ago Rebekah's birthday party was postponed until this past Friday, October 3. Rebekah had invited four friends since she was turning four years old. It was the perfect size party for her. We hated not to invite all of Rebekah's friends, but we also could have easily had about 20 kids over between playgroup and church friends, so we told Rebekah she could invite four friends. Three of the girls turn four years old this month as well, so it worked out really well.

Rebekah's party theme was a pumpkin theme. I had always wanted to do a pumpkin party, but I had hoped to have it at a pumpkin patch, complete with corn maze and hay ride to select a pumpkin. The closest pumpkin patch did not have a facility, so we decided to have it at our home. Rebekah was sooooo excited over her pumpkin party for the days and weeks leading up to the big day. I also had fun getting the fall decorations out as well as adding some of my mom's things to make our home festive for the party.

Get ready for a major photo overload!

The birthday girl



Emmy was the first guest to arrive.



As an ice breaker we played "Apple, Apple, Pumpkin", a version of "Duck, Duck, Goose".





Next the girls added foam letter and leaf stickers to a foam pumpkin purse as a little craft. The baby boy siblings had plain foam pumpkins in place of the purses.




We then went outside for a photo shoot of the girls in the front yard. From left to right: Maggie, Heidi, Rebekah, Emmy, and Meghan.


While Darrin finished grilling hot dogs the girls played "The Great Pumpkin Roll". They all stood at the top of our back yard at the edge of the driveway and rolled a pumpkin down the hill. The girls found it absolutely hilarious when the pumpkin would hit the swingset.





Time to eat! We had pumpkin roll-ups (ham and cream cheese wrapped in sun-dried tomato tortillas and topped with parsley flakes), hot dogs, pumpkin pretzels (pretzels dipped in orange vanilla candy), cheese and crackers, pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce, and fruit with pumpkin dip. Apple cider was served to drink.




The swing set served as a great time filler!



I love this shot of Rebekah and Maggie!


What a pose from Heidi!


Next we had a story time. I read The Pumpkin Patch Parable to the kids. It was bad timing because they just wanted to play, but the story is really cute! I should have read it before we went outside.



The kids then went on a "hay ride" in the wagon. My dad pulled the kids around in the yard down to where we had pumpkins at the bottom of the back yard set up like a miniature pumpkin patch. Each child got to choose a pumpkin to bring back and decorate with markers.




Even the sibling boys got a turn! Left to right: Joshua, Cason, and Kyle.


The pumpkin cake! Looks and tastes like pumpkin. Rebekah says this is her favorite part of the whole party. We also had orange sherbet punch.


Happy Birthday, Rebekah!





I won't bore you with pics of eating cake and opening presents. Rebekah had a really fun party, and after the guests left she opened her gifts from Grandmommy and Granddaddy, and Uncle Daniel, Aunt Carrie, and Taylor. What a fun day it all was!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alicia, love the pumpkin party! I must say, after reading about Rebekah's party I am now wishing I had a child born in a fall month!! What fun!! :)

LeeAnne said...

Happy birthday, Rebekah! We had a great time at your party!

Anonymous said...

You are such a great Mommy! What a great pumpkin party!