Monday, October 20, 2008

Smoky Mountain Adventures - Townsend

Darrin has always wanted a day to do nothing but hang around the cabin when we go on vacation in the Smoky's. He is a homebody and loves just relaxing, reading a book, maybe do a little fishing nearby if available, and just drinking in the peace. Enjoying a peaceful, quiet day is rather hard to do with two young children, but we did take a day to stick around the cabin on Thursday.



Joshua finally got a good nap sleeping in his pack-n-play, the only nap he had while not riding in the car all week, and he really enjoyed staying at the cabin and not getting out. Rebekah, on the other hand, got bored. Joshua definitely has his daddy's personality while Rebekah takes after me. We both got tired of sitting around the cabin, although Rebekah did get to play with playdough and learn a little how to play Uno.

Thursday was also a dreary day. Rain was predicted for late afternoon and evening, and the entire day was overcast. I felt rather rundown, I think mostly due to the weather. I finally went out for a brief walk and turned around to go back to grab the camera because there were some pretty fall colors starting to pop along the path. I got the family to join me and we took a stroll to stretch our legs and get some fresh air.



Joshua did amazingly well climbing some fairly steep hills for him, mostly holding one of our hands.


Rebekah seemed glad to get out to run and jump as well.




That evening one of my college friends, Jill, and her family joined us for dinner. Jill and I were both music education majors in college, she in organ and I in voice. It had been at least five years since I had seen Tim and Jill, and I was able to reconnect with them via Facebook and email right before our trip, so we were able to meet up our last night in Townsend.
Rebekah was so excited to make a new friend! She had been so hungry for child companionship, and Ella who is 5 1/2 was just what Rebekah needed. The two girls had a blast together!


Telling secrets


Having a "big girl" conversation


Hugs




Micah is two years old and going through the "terrible twos". He had a rough time when they first arrived because he is in the midst of learning the concept of sharing, but he finally settled down to enjoy the evening. Isn't he adorable?



Rebekah hit it off with Tim pretty quickly.


While Jill and I were talking Darrin told me to look down. This is what we saw...tickle, tickle, tickle!


Ella started tickling Joshua back. They were now in a tickle fight!



Awww!!! Sweet!!!


Of course, we had to get some family shots!



Friends!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Candy said...

All the pics are great! I am so glad that you had a great vacation and were able to reconnect with you family and some friends!