Thursday, October 9, 2008

Four Years Old???

Sometimes I question if Rebekah is really four years old. She is still having occasional pee-pee accidents and she's consistently pooping in her panties. It frustrates me to no end! I mean, she will tell me right after she's had an accident. We've tried rewards, which she loves, but they don't motivate her enough. We've even resorted to letting her clean up her messes. Nothing is working. We are wondering if we are going to have to throw in punishment. I've literally tried everything I know to do.

Just today Rebekah pooped twice and pee'd once in her panties. Granted, most days are not like this, but it is getting ridiculous!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

becky bell said...

You are not alone. Max still will not poop in the potty. We took away the pullups and he stoped pooping all together because he will not do it in his underware. The doctor said not to worry about it and do not punish him. She that would make it worse. He takes his takes his underware and pants off puts a pullup and pants back on and poops all by himself. Cleaning himself up hasn't worked either. I guess it will be like when he decided to start peeing in the potty once he decided to he did and he only had one accident and never again. I told him I would buy him a Nintendo DS which are $130 if he would poop on the potty for 2 weeks straight and he said no thanks, I don't want one. I just think it is the only thing he can control so he does. He can he just wont. You aren't alone. I have just backed off and have been letting him do it and not make a big deal anymore (taking the poop off the pedistal) and see if that works! Good luck! I feel your pain!

LeeAnne said...

I don't have any real suggestions either, since rewards don't work with Maggie (she's still coming into our bed during the night). But I agree with Becky and the doctor ... I'm not sure I'd go the punishment route b/c then it seems like it just becomes a battle of wills.

Do you think you could encourage her to do like Max does, and put on a pullup when she has to poop? It may teach her the lesson about knowing when she has to go, and it would also prevent messes! Then again, this might be seen as backtracking ... I don't know.

I'm wondering about night-time PT'ing. Seems like Maggie ought to be closer than she is -- she's usually pretty soaked in the mornings. I'm going to ask Dr. R about it at her checkup.

Alicia said...

Thanks! I just feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I don't think a pull-up would make any difference. Rebekah doesn't even tell me before she poops; she tells me in the midst or after it's too late. She even told me yesterday that she likes to poop in her panties! UGH! Then sometimes she tells me she wants to poop on the potty, but that is after the accident. I don't know. Maybe she's doing it for attention.