After such a trying day yesterday today was so much better. Rebekah finally came around and was willing to apologize to Ms. Amy for her behavior on Tuesday at preschool. I had some paperwork to take out to the school, so we made the trip this morning, Rebekah gave her apology, and Ms. Amy and I discussed Rebekah's behavior both at home and at school. We stayed a few minutes while I got the paperwork together to turn in to the school and Ms. Amy got my handprint for a Mother's Day craft. I thought Rebekah would want to play with her friends, but she hung around me the whole time. Joshua, on the other hand, played and didn't want to leave! Rebekah said bye to her teacher and classmates as we headed out the door.
The whole morning Rebekah was very low key. She stayed in her room a lot of the day just having time to herself. She opted not to eat her lunch, but she didn't put up too much fuss. She was really well behaved most of the day, and she hardly got into a tiff with Joshua. All in all, it was a very good day. As a result, she got to attend her dance/gym class this afternoon.
The day continued to be a pretty good day. Rebekah still tested the boundaries a little, but she did not push as much as she had yesterday. Again, she had a lot of quiet time, some of which was just resting on the couch and watching some TV. She didn't want to eat supper with us, so I got her ready for bed, and she has gone to her room. Not quite ready to go to sleep, she is getting some more quiet time to relax and be alone.
Joshua has been a bit of a challenge, but not more than typical toddler behavior. He has just been more of a challenge than Rebekah today. However, overall it has been a pretty good day, and I'm so thankful! The Lord has been working in my heart as well as I seek His will in how I handle and discipline the children. He has been very gracious. Thanks for your prayers!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
A New Day
Labels:
discipline,
parenting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So glad you had a better day!
Post a Comment