Saturday, April 11, 2009

Goin' On An Egg Hunt, Goin' On An Egg Hunt

Gonna' Find Some Colored Eggs
Gonna' Find Some Colored Eggs

This morning we headed over to the church for a fun-filled family time. The highlight of the event was the Easter egg hunt. Joshua's age group, birth through age 3, was the first to hunt for eggs. I didn't think of practicing with him ahead of time, but once he figured out what he was supposed to do he did really well. There were a TON of eggs, so we let Rebekah help out. The kids' baskets were overflowing, so I ran back to get some plastic grocery bags available at the registration table, and they found quite a few more eggs!

After this hunt Rebekah sprinted over to where the 4-year-olds through kindergarteners were hunting for eggs. These kids were ruthless! I'm so glad I let Rebekah hunt with the toddlers because the preschoolers went running like crazy over the eggs. Rebekah still did really well with another basketful of eggs, especially when Darrin found a hill full of eggs that many other kids didn't see. Joshua even helped out a little, finding a few himself.

Following the egg hunts Rebekah joined her friends for story time. Somehow I missed Joshua's story time, complete with a flannel board telling the story of the crucifixion, burial, and resurrection. Rebekah sat with many of her girlfriends from church while Mrs. Linda explained the Resurrection Eggs. She did such a great job! I was amazed at how attentive the children were the whole time.

To finish off our fun morning Rebekah got her face painted before we left. It was a first for her. She was so proud to look at her face after we got home that she kept going into the bathroom to look in the mirror.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: