Since we spent some time learning about lilies around Easter we are taking some time to discover various types of lilies as they bloom. A church choir friend of mine, Stephanie, has a patch of lily of the valley as well as day lilies. The lilies of the valley have just bloomed, so we took some time yesterday afternoon to visit Stephanie to see the flowers. She let Rebekah pick a couple to take home with her.
Here are some other spring blooms that I have captured as they have appeared.
Our huge dogwood in our back yard. I look forward to its full bloom every spring.
The pansies in our flower bed.
One day in late March I took the kids for a walk to look at the beautiful spring flowers. I think this is flox, but I'm not sure. I've always admired these flowers in our neighborhood and would love to plant them around our mailbox.
A close-up
It is most common in shades of pink and purple, although I have seen white as well.
Rebekah proudly picked dandelions...
...while Joshua walked around.
Speaking of blooms, Rebekah's nasturtium seeds are beginning to sprout.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Springtime Blooms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Good pictures! You're right that those are phlox ... I think the groundcover variety you pictured is actually called creeping phlox. One small plant will really spread over a few seasons! Maggie's beans are sprouting, but not much else yet (but we just planted them last weekend). Is Rebekah interested in the plants' progress?
Great pictures!
I wish we had flowers like that here! The most we've seen are a few dandelions and 2 little wildflowers in the yard. Our tulips aren't up yet and the trees are just starting to get visible buds on them. But soon...right?! LOL
Post a Comment