Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

It's been a few days since I've posted, not because I haven't had anything to blog about or that my life has been boring this week, but the contrary. We have had a lot going on lately that I've just been too tired to post in the evenings when I finally have the time. I have been out nearly every evening, so much that Darrin told me this evening that he was glad that I was actually home tonight.

Today was an absolutely GORGEOUS day, and it was a perfect day for Rebekah's field trip to the zoo. Darrin took off work to meet us there, and my parents joined us as well. An employee introduced the children to a dove, a hedgehog, and a tortoise. Rebekah touched the dove, but she (along with many other kids) had zero interest in touching the hedgehog. Rebekah was a little nervous about the tortoise crawling on the ground, although after a moment many of the kids made a mad rush to touch it.

We were then free to roam the zoo for an hour before we rode the carousel. Upon leaving the zoo we all went to Riverpark to have lunch. Darrin was unable to join us at the park, but my parents did, so we still had some good family time during the remainder of the field trip.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: