Do you ever have those times where you are really looking forward to getting a break from the kids, but yet you don't want to leave them either? I had a moment today where I just had a hard time leaving the house for some much needed "me time". Darrin kept the kids so that I could go to a cooking class this evening. I had a little bit of extra time before the class, so I decided to go to the mall and shop for the kids some spring/summer clothes which they desperately need. I went to kiss Rebekah "bye" and told her I was going to go to a cooking class. She looked at me so sweetly and said, "Can I go to a cooking class?" Of course, she couldn't, but she was so sweet when she asked. As I left she just wanted to hang on to me. She gave me a kiss then noticed I had lipstick on. When she takes notice of Mommy wearing lipstick she always asks to wear chapstick. I applied her chapstick then she was perfectly content. It was so hard leaving my sweet daughter, but the time out tonight was wonderful! I was able to get some clothes for the kids and enjoy a night out tasting some delicious food. I was so glad to hear that the kids were angels for their Daddy while I was out. I hope they wake up as angels in the morning. :-)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you had fun! It is hard to leave sometimes, but it's always worth it in the long run.
Are you having an angelic morning? Was the cooking class worth it? I wanted to do the crock pot class and totally forgot about it.
The kids have been pretty happy this morning, although Joshua woke up early due to a little congestion. Rebekah has been a "Momma's Girl" and has wanted me to play with her or hold her a lot this morning. In fact, she's cuddling with me right now.
The cooking class was really good! The crock pot class was very popular. She focused on foods appropriate for either all year or particularly summer. This class was so popular that she plans on offering it again in the fall with an emphasis on soups and such. Next month is seafood.
Post a Comment