This past weekend we went to visit Darrin's mom, Ann, in Columbia, TN. We arrived Friday afternoon and stayed through Sunday morning. When we first pulled in the driveway and Ann came out the front door to greet us Rebekah was so ecstatic to see her "Grandy"! It was a wonderful reunion for the two of them. Joshua was a little skiddish, but he warmed up quickly to her except when he really wanted Mommy or Daddy.
We had a really enjoyable and relaxing Friday afternoon and evening. Saturday was pretty low-key as well. It was cloudy and dreary out early on, and it was too cool to spend much time outside. We had anticipated to go to Darrin's brother's, Derek's, property to see the cutting horses that he and Robin bought. It was too muddy to get out and then it rained later that afternoon, so we never got to see the horses.
I did, however, try to do a little shopping for the kids. I decided to take Rebekah along with me since I figured she would want to get out of the house for a bit. We went to JCPenney, and as soon as I started browsing through the children's clothing, Rebekah pulled me through the store looking for the escalator. Let me tell you, Columbia's mall is quite small, and it is only one level. As Rebekah led me through the store I tried to explain to her that it was only one floor and that they don't have an escalator. If she wanted to ride one we would have to go to the mall at home. No matter how many times I tried to explain it she was no less determined to find an escalator. We walked through half the store before we started to leave. We walked out the door then stopped at the curb. I asked Rebekah, "Do you want to shop or go back to Grandy's house?" She wanted to shop, so we went back in. No, she didn't want to shop. She tried to pull me another direction to look for an escalator again. By this time I told her she had to obey me and stay with me or we would leave and go back to Grandy's house. Boy, was she excited! She started running and made a bee-line for the exit back to the parking lot! Off and on as I drove us home Rebekah said, "We're going back to Grandy's house." That is the shortest shopping trip I think I've ever had.
One exciting thing that happened Saturday was that Joshua pulled to a stand! He was in the kitchen grabbing onto the knobs of the cabinet doors below the kitchen sink. I didn't see it, but Ann told me about it. He held onto those knobs and pulled up on his own! Maybe he'll do it again before PT on Wednesday.
Here are a few pics from Saturday evening. I tried to get one of Ann with the Joshua earlier that day, but the little guy wouldn't cooperate.
Joshua warmed up to Robin pretty quickly.
Derek and Robin with Joshua.


2 comments:
It sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the horses, I would have loved those pics! LOL
And way to go Joshua! What a big boy he is and he's learning so quickly.
Funny about the escalators! Maggie is obsessed with them too, and sometimes she confuses the words 'escalator' and 'elevator.' Glad you all had a good time!
Post a Comment