Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What an adventure!

Yesterday afternoon was a real adventure - not in a good way. Rebekah almost always comes home from preschool tired and worn out resulting in a very cranky three-year-old. I had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart after I picked her up, so we did so, but when we went back to the parking lot to leave Rebekah whined about wanting to shop some more. This was just the beginning...

We made it home, and I had hoped Rebekah would go potty. She refused, so on went a pull-up. After a snack, wetting her pull-up, a diaper change, then going to her room for quiet time I went to nurse Joshua for his afternoon nap. While nursing him I hear fussing from Rebekah's room for milk. I completed the nursing session then put Joshua in his crib. Now I have two crying children - fun!

I got Rebekah a sippy of milk and entered her room to find extremely dirty fingers covered in brown gook with brown smears on her face. Rebekah had pooped, removed her dirty diaper, and smeared it on her face. Yes, she tasted it too. YUCK! She also informed me that it was in her hair. Fortunately, I didn't find it on the carpet or walls.

I immediately cleaned her up and prepared a bath. All in the meantime, Joshua is screaming in his crib. I got him out and once Rebekah was in the tub he wanted to join her. He kept playing Peek-a-boo! over the side of the tub with Rebekah and laughing. So after cleaning up Rebekah I let him join his sister. He had carrots in his hair from lunch anyway, so a hair washing didn't hurt.

Then last night the adventures continued...

Rebekah was climbing in and out of Joshua's crib having a great time. She was WIRED! Boy, was she having fun! Then she decided to jump on and off the glider. After telling Rebekah a couple times to stop jumping on the glider she seemed to have calmed down. She was standing on the floor between the glider and the dresser. (Keep in mind that the dresser has sharp corners.) Rebekah decided to jump where she was standing. She fell and grabbed her head in pain. I took a good look at her and found she had cut the outside corner of her eyelid. Actually, she has a couple of red spots - one is the cut and another spot below the first spot that hit the dresser but didn't cut open. After a call to the nurse we were glad to know that it could be treated at home and there was no need for her to be seen.

On a cute note, Rebekah wore a new outfit to preschool yesterday, complete with these huge sunglasses. She looks like a movie star in them. I thought she might put her sunglasses in her bag once she arrived to preschool, but no, she wore them ALL DAY LONG! LOL! I wanted to get a picture of her, but by the time we got home she didn't want to wear them anymore. She looked so cute!

Well, I stand corrected on the eye tooth from yesterday's post. After seeing Carrie's comment I looked at Joshua's teeth again and realized that it is not the eye teeth that are coming in. It is the teeth just inside of the eye teeth. The tooth just next to the very front tooth has popped through. I just looked it up, and it's called a lateral incisor. So once these teeth pop through he will look like his two front teeth are missing, which they are. Have you ever heard of a baby singing, "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth"? Although, it's not Christmas.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Candy said...

Ugh, the joys! Hope you had a calm evening once the kids were in bed!

LeeAnne said...

Oh. My. Gosh. The poop incident would have completely freaked me out; I'm so thankful Maggie never did anything like that!! Good for you for staying sane during all the chaos!! ;)