With Joshua having an ear infection we decided to skip physical therapy last week. He missed the previous week as well because Amanda had a death in the family. Joshua has not been as progressive lately with his gross motor skills until yesterday. All of a sudden he decided to start pulling up quite a bit on the couch and take a step or two! Now, he has pulled up to a stand only a handful of times, but yesterday he did it with ease, then he tried to cruise, so this is huge.
I think part of the reason why he hasn't made as much effort lately is because he has just not felt like it. He's been a lot more cuddly lately. I took him to the pediatrician yesterday to see if his ear infection had cleared up. The antibiotic he has been on has given him a red bottom from diarrhea, and he was pulling on both ears and crying out of the blue Sunday evening. Come to find out the ear pain is not even an ear infection. It has cleared up completely. The pain is all teething. So that is why he was waking every 3 hours Saturday night! Well, don't you know, he's got a new tooth today! Not only is it a new tooth, but it's a fang! His teeth are coming in a weird order. Normally the front two teeth come in before the eye teeth. He has two front bottom teeth, but no top teeth, and an eye tooth on top has just started to cut today. The eye tooth on the other side is not far behind. I guess I'll have a cute little Dracula on my hands.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Update on Joshua
Labels:
cruising,
ear infection,
physical therapy,
teething
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's interesting about his eye teeth coming in before his two front teeth. Taylor has 8 teeth altogether - four on top and four on bottom. I dread it when her eye teeth come in. I heard you say once that it is very painful for them.
Post a Comment