Monday, March 3, 2008

Chaos in the house!

Let me tell you about our evening. First off, Darrin is out of town on business, so I’ve got the kids to myself. I started making tacos for supper, and both kids are ready to eat. Joshua was army crawling all over the floor while Rebekah was helping herself to whatever she could find in the kitchen to eat. I finally got the kids in their seats and tacos served to both Rebekah and myself. Poor little Joshua is famished, so I give him a bite, then help Rebekah take a bite, then I try to give myself a bite, continuing to rotate among the three of us. Of course, something comes up, like Rebekah leaving her sippy cup in the other room for me to get, and Joshua goes hysterical when I leave for just a few seconds.

Joshua inhaled his supper, and when it came time for dessert he wasn’t too interested in the papaya. At least Rebekah gave me something to chuckle about by calling it “papapaya”. But seconds later Rebekah takes a look at the jar of baby food, puts it down, and her taco topples to the floor. Not that the floor didn’t need cleaning anyway, but there was a nice mess there. Joshua cries while I clean it up…

I managed to get the 3 of us fed then see that Rebekah has taco all over her. At least tonight was bath night anyway, right?

So I prepare the bath. I had planned on putting both kids in the tub together once Rebekah was bathed, but after some testing me I decided to take her out early. In the meantime, Joshua managed to crawl into the bathroom and cry for my attention yet again. Poor guy just wants his mommy!

I got Rebekah dressed for bed then proceeded to give Joshua a bath, only to have Rebekah topple on top of me for attention. Gotta feel the love! Of course, I’m freaked that Joshua’s going to fall over on his face in the tub the way he’s kicking in there, but I managed to get Rebekah off of me while I proceded to give him a very quick bath.

Finally both kids are ready for bed, so I decide to put Joshua down first. I was in there probably about 10 minutes trying to get him down, but he began to cry when I put him in his crib. I came out to find Rebekah with scribbles all over her right arm and hand. Yes, we are having pictures at preschool made tomorrow! So, while Joshua is crying in his room I scrub Rebekah’s arm down until all the ink marks are now red.

I decided to send Rebekah to her room to play while I tried to get Joshua asleep. Well, he could hear her playing in there, so it took a while for him to settle down again, but he did, but when I put him down he started crying again, and the crying escalated until I picked him up. Then he almost drifts off and I hear from the next room, “Mommy!” “Mommy!” Amazingly, Joshua finally went to sleep at almost 8:30. It was a miracle. Then I got Rebekah to go to bed.

Whew! What a night! Now I’ve got to clean up the kitchen!

No comments: