Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Potty Training Delimma

Rebekah has been on and off potty training for a while now. I can't really tell you exactly how long, but we first tried the potty training in a day when Joshua was just a newborn (maybe a month old?), and it didn't work. Every time I have attempted at encouraging Rebekah she has just shown signs that she isn't ready or just doesn't want to try. Well, she's had occasions since she started preschool that she would pee on the potty, but she has only done that at preschool. It has been quite frustrating for me to put her on the potty with no results time and time again, even with all the offers for rewards and praises for sitting on the potty. So, I take a break and try again.

I asked Mrs. Amy, Rebekah's teacher, if Rebekah is making any progress at preschool. Wouldn't you know, today she pee'd in the potty just a little bit! I made a huge deal about it and asked her if she would like to pee on the potty at home. What was her answer? "No, just at preschool." UGH!

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Do you think Rebekah is starting to get some perverse pleasure in tormenting Mommy? ;-) She is definitely going to do things on her own terms, and even though I know it's frustrating now, I think this will be a great character trait as she gets older.