Saturday, March 22, 2008

Adding things up

The other day Rebekah told me that 2 and 2 is 4! I have not been working on math skills with her at home, and I don't believe they are doing anything like that at preschool either.

Well, today I cut up some apple for her to munch on as a snack. She told me that she wanted four apples, meaning four slices of apple. I cut up one piece and placed it in a bowl. She then said she wanted three more. I cut up another slice and added it to her bowl. "How many more do you want?" I asked. "Two more apples." I cut up another slice and added it to her bowl. I asked the same question. She answered, "One more apple." I then asked, "What's three apples plus one apple?" She thought for a moment then shouted, "FOUR!"

No comments: