Monday, March 24, 2008

Hallelujah! Christ is risen!

Easter Sunday is always a special time as we celebrate the resurrection of our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I always love the music and the atmosphere as we focus on what Christ did for us on the cross leading up to Christ raising from the dead and the fact that He lives today. It is so powerful! Our God is powerful!

Yesterday after church we went to my parents' to enjoy some family time with them. When you have two children who don't want to sit still for a picture it's hard to get anything decent, and the first one came out the best, particularly of Rebekah.



After lunch the kids got to dig into their Easter baskets, although Rebekah had already discovered hers soon after she woke up. She was immediately attracted to the Cinderella snowglobe-type egg. You push the button and a fan inside the egg blows confetti around while music plays.


The toy box is a great place to practice standing.

Finally, I want to share with you a video that my mom sent me in an email. I've read the story via email before, but I had never seen a video of it. It is so powerful!


1 comment:

Candy said...

It looks and sounds like you had a great Easter! It is so hard to get a nice family shot with kids this age, you guys didn't do too shabby!

That video is very moving. I had never seen it or heard that story. Thanks for sharing it.