Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rebekah's Writing

Rebekah has really improved in her writing over the last several months. We have worked on a few letters together, and she has done a little writing at preschool, and some she is writing based on what they look like, although it's not the proper way to write the letters. While we were getting ready to head for our vacation to the Smokies last month Rebekah had written "Mommy" for the first time. That was the first word she had written all by herself. Then yesterday while I was rocking Joshua before his nap Rebekah opened the door and came in to tell me that she had written her name all by herself. She repeated it this morning while getting ready for preschool. She spread her name out so much that she put the 'H' on the next line, but she's learning. I'm really amazed at how legible her writing is so soon.






Hearth Signature

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

She is darling!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, she's a lefty! :) Lefties are born in their right minds ya know? hee hee...I'm a lefty too! I don't remember you being left-handed, but maybe you are, or is Darren?

Good job, Rebekah, on learning to write your letters!! :)

Candace

Alicia said...

No, neither Darrin nor I are lefties. My mom is, though, so I'm guessing that's where she gets it.

LeeAnne said...

Maggie is a lefty too -- how funny! And I don't think there are ANY lefties on either side of our family.

Great job Rebekah on the writing! Isn't it funny how they can just do stuff all of a sudden? Maggie came in the other day and had written "cat food scoop" on a piece of paper ... where do they come up with these things?