The people have spoken, and they have elected a man who has either inspired significantly or brought about fear like none other in our country. As I think about President-elect Barack Obama taking over in a couple of months I am deeply saddened for the unborn who will never get a chance to grow up and experience the love of a family. Their lives will be stripped from them because they were considered an inconvenience or a punishment. I am saddened for our country and sense our freedoms being stripped from Christians. I am concerned that our voices as believers will be silenced and our children will grow up in a land that hates us like never before. I am also concerned about the socialistic ideas and the direction our country is headed over the next four years.
At the same time Obama has achieved a significant achievement by becoming the first African American president. He has won the hearts of many and has a large following who are sure he will bring about change for the better.
As I look forward I don’t know what will happen to our country, but I’m gravely concerned. At the same time I know that God has allowed Obama to be our next President. It is God who raises up kings and tears them down. Daniel 2:20-21 says, “Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him. And it is He who changes the times and the epochs; He removes kings and establishes kings; He gives wisdom to wise men, and knowledge to men of understanding.” Likewise, 1 Chronicles 29:11-12 says, “Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore You as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from You alone, and You are the Ruler of all mankind; Your hand controls power and might and it is at Your discretion that men are made great and given strength.” God has allowed this for a reason. My God is sovereign, and He’s on the throne, so I have to trust the Lord in all of this. We are going to be persecuted for our faith, and our faith must not be shaken. We have to dig deeply in His Word and fill our minds with it. We must also know His Word so that we can teach it to our children. They need to be grounded in truth and to learn to stand firm.
Over the next 77 days please join me in prayer over Obama as he makes decisions before his inauguration. “First of all, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, in order that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2 Pray that God will work in him and draw him to Himself and that Obama will allow God to lead and guide him over the next four years. Proverbs 21:1 says, “The king’s heart is like channels of water in the hand of the Lord; He turns it wherever He wishes.” Pray for the church and that it will stand firm in the faith. Pray for the salvation of lost souls in our country. We need God in America again.
http://www.presidentialprayerteam.org/site/PageServer?pagename=77days_signup
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Looking Forward
Labels:
Scriptures and thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder and the encouragement!
Thanks for those scriptures. I have also had a hard time with it and have been reminding myself of the same things. God is ultimately in control even though mankind makes their own decisions. I have to remember that God is for me even when it appears that He has not answered my prayers. He has a higher purpose in all of this that I cannot see. As far as suffering goes, I have to consider it a priviledge to identify with Christ in His sufferings. To live is Christ and to die is gain. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Post a Comment