As posted earlier, Rebekah showed some improvement on Thursday by using the potty first thing in the morning then again at school. She took a break on Friday since she decided she didn't want to wear panties, then yesterday I just didn't feel like working on potty training very diligently with her, although she did go naked a little on her own free will.
Today, however, marks a very successful day. Rebekah woke this morning with a dry diaper again, so I took the opportunity to have her sit on her potty. It wasn't until later this morning that she wanted to sit on it, but she did. I told her that she could wear panties to church if she pee'd on the potty. Evidently, that was enough incentive for her. Yay!
After church I encouraged her to sit on the potty again before lunch. She refused, then a few minutes later Darrin and I sat down at the kitchen table and called to Rebekah to come join us for lunch. She wouldn't come, so I went to get her and found her sitting on her potty holding her wet panties. The floor wasn't wet, and it was then that I realized she had sat on the potty to pee on her own initiative, but she forgot to pull her panties down! At least she did pee on the potty on her own, and for that I was extremely proud.
Rebekah wore panties for nearly the entire day today. She did have a poop accident (and I fully expect pooping on the potty to take a while), and she wore a pull-up during quiet time in her room that she used as well, but other than that she had no pee accidents today. She came home from church again tonight and used the potty once more before bed, totaling 3 times using the potty just today! This is definitely marked improvement, and she seems to really like wearing her "big girl panties".
Sunday, April 6, 2008
On the road to success!
Labels:
potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Woohoo! That's fantastic, way to go Rebekah! I hope it continues and that this is the start of the end of diapers for her.
Post a Comment