Both the kids have been saying new things. Joshua's words are generally hard to decipher, but as parents Darrin and I have been able to figure out some of them. A few weeks ago I put Joshua in his high chair for breakfast. I pulled out a cereal bar and asked him, "Do you want a cereal bar?" Joshua replied with a 3-syllable sound then 'bar'. It sounded just like he was saying 'cereal bar'. He is also attempting to say Rebekah's name on occasion, and he is saying 'Daddy' very clearly this week. No 'dada' anymore. He also says 'up' when he wants to get out of his high chair.
Rebekah has also said a couple of cute things that have made us laugh or that are showing her growing mind. The other day she climbed up on top of Joshua's changing station and stood up then declared, "I'm a giant." Yesterday she was playing with her Little People set. She had the house set up with the different characters. A few of her characters are identical or are the same characters but look slightly different because they have come with various sets. She had 2 matching mommies, one of which she said was daddy, so I had to correct that. I found the daddy who has glasses. Darrin wears his glasses before bed, so she figured that since the LP daddy had on glasses he must be going to bed. Rebekah pulled out several of her characters and said they were Maggie and Mrs. LeeAnne, then she had to find a man (who managed to be a farmer) to be Mr. Bobby. Then she had two more girls who were Heidi and Mrs. Jessica. She found another farmer to be Mr. Brett. Of course, none of these characters would look anything like these friends of ours, but it was cute, and she tried to cram them all in the pink minivan which Rebekah said was our Honda Pilot. It was really cute watching her play.
Today Rebekah did and said another thing which I find so funny, although it's a trait that many children learn young that probably isn't such a good thing. This is not the first time she's done it, but Darrin and I found it particularly funny today. Rebekah has a new friend that we met about a month ago. Emmy lives up the street from us and is exactly one week younger than Rebekah. They have hit it off very quickly although they've only gotten together a couple times for a short period of time each visit. Emmy learned about friendship in church Sunday, and she put a bag of goodies together including fun sweet things like cookies, candy, and bubble gum, as well as crackers, a pencil, and other fun things for a preschooler. Emmy wanted to give her goodie bag to Rebekah. I had told Rebekah that when she got home from preschool today that she could have a piece of candy from her bag. That all changed this afternoon when Rebekah woke up Joshua in the car and kept making noise to keep him from sleeping on the way home from preschool. All afternoon and evening Rebekah would ask me if she could have a piece of candy. Each time I reminded her no. Of course, when Mommy says no what happens? She asks Daddy! Darrin asked her, "What did Mommy say?" Rebekah replied, "Mommy said 'no'." Then a moment later Rebekah told him, "Mommy said 'no', but you can say 'YES!'" with a huge grin on her face. The little stinker! And no, Darrin didn't give in, but I'm sure it was hard.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
New Words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
These girls learn so quickly that they can wrap their daddies around their little fingers! :)
Ahhhh, the games begin! We still deal with that on occasion with Alayna, though no often. And too cute about the LP set. My girls love it!
New words and new ways of expressing imagination, I love it! And that story was just too funny!! Brianna has pulled the same stunt, it's very hard to keep a straight face while hearing that.
Tag - You've also been Meme'd. Check out my blog for details: http://lifewith2daughters.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment