Monday, July 28, 2008

Isn't this supposed to be Summer?

*I've posted 3 times tonight, so check them all out!*

Who knew that colds could be common in the summer as well as winter? Evidently, Rebekah picked up a little cold recently. Yesterday she was feeling rather sluggish after church, especially as the day drew to a close. I had planned to let her play with her neighbor friend Emmy, but Rebekah seemed tired, and her eyelids were red. She claimed that her eyes hurt. I decided to make a call to Emmy's mom to let them know Rebekah wouldn't be up to playing that evening.

This morning Rebekah seemed pretty happy, but as the morning went on I was hesitant to take her to playgroup. She was extra cuddly and just wasn't acting herself. She seemed tired and was fussier than normal. Rebekah's voice also sounded like her nose was stopped up, although she hadn't had any other indications of a runny nose or stuffy head. In the end I decided to keep the kids home. Around 11:00 or so this morning Rebekah told me that her left ear hurt, so I made an appointment to see Dr. Rodgers. I gave her some Motrin and put heat to the ear to give it some relief. By lunch time Rebekah was feeling much better. She even asked me, "Does my ear feel better?" as if she wanted me to ask her about it. When I asked she told me that it did. By that time the Motrin had kicked in, but what was to come once the medicine wore off?

We didn't get to go to the pediatrician's office until 3:30, but that allowed Joshua to get a good nap before we had to leave. Rebekah not only has a fairly severe ear infection in her left ear, she also has a mild one in her right ear. Evidently, she has a high pain tolerance, so if she mentions something hurting I should take it seriously.

Since we had to wait a while on the prescription to be filled we went to Chick-fil-A for supper. Rebekah seemed to enjoy that well, especially since she got to play on the indoor playground. We were all tired, and I managed to get the kids their baths and to bed at a decent hour even though Darrin is gone on business. Hopefully Rebekah will be feeling better tomorrow.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: