Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

On Friday, July 4, Carrie, Taylor, and Lindsey came along with my parents to celebrate the holiday. We let the kids play inside for a while then enjoyed Sticky Fingers in our home for an early supper. Poor Joshua didn't get a nap all day, and he nearly fell asleep in his highchair. He finally took a short nap while we took the kids outside to play.

Here is another overload of pics. I can't resist though.

Joshua had A LOT of fun with my dad! There are times when Joshua wants to have nothing to do with anyone but me and maybe Darrin, and other times he will go to other close family members or friends. This was one of those times that he went to my dad no problem and had a ball.



I took several pics of the kids and still never got a really great snapshot of all three. I think it's impossible. Notice Joshua's and Taylor's outfits, though. Isn't that too cute?!



This was is too funny not to share. Totally impromptu.


My mom and the granddaughters


Rebekah wanted to play "Ring Around the Rosies" with Taylor. Both the girls had so much fun! Taylor is walking really well now, and it's interesting to see how differently Rebekah treats a walking toddler to a crawling child who is only 6 weeks younger. Rebekah treated Taylor as if she was just a smaller version of herself. She fully expected Taylor to run like her as well, so I had to continually remind Rebekah to be easy with Taylor. Not that I don't have to remind her not to be rough with Joshua (she loves to rough house Joshua!), but she wanted to play with Taylor more like a little girl than a baby.

Here in this pic we had just finished the game. Taylor never figured out that she was supposed to sit down at the end, but she had fun walking around in a circle with us.


Rebekah loves to swing high! Six months ago when we first got the swingset I never would have imagined how well she would be swinging in a regular belt swing.


Rebekah walked Taylor up and down the driveway.



Sisters and cousins



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Jordan has the same shirt as Rebekah. I thought it was so cute, so she wore it on July 4th also!

Great to see you and Carrie...beautiful sisters!!

~Stacie

LeeAnne said...

Cute pictures! Taylor is a really pretty little girl (I hadn't seen her pics in a long time), and it looks like Rebekah did a great job playing well with her. Happy belated 4th!