Several months ago I learned about a hair washing process for curly hair. Having stick straight hair myself I didn't really know how to care for Rebekah's curls. I had tried brushing it, combing with a large-toothed comb, using my fingers to separate the hair. I had also tried a number of different products for curly hair as well as for children.
I just ordered the book Curly Girl by salon owner Lorraine Massey. I received it on Monday and read through it in one evening. How little I knew about curly hair! Her whole idea is to cut shampoo completely out of hair washing and use only conditioner to cleanse the scalp and hair. Now, there are variations to this, such as using a little shampoo for wavy hair, and other things one can use to cleanse the hair in addition to conditioner, but the main idea is using only conditioner to wash the hair and adding gel. No brushing, no blow drying, and letting the hair do its thing.
I've just been amazed with the results after only 3 washings! I am also using some olive oil in her hair since it cuts down on frizz. Her hair is curlier all over, especially in the front on the sides and on top where it was flat before. Even Darrin noticed a difference when he got home from work after the first day of her being a "Curly Girl". That really says something!
Here are a couple pics from this afternoon.

Friday, July 25, 2008
Curly Girl
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my gosh...Rebekah's hair is BEAUTIFUL!
Post a Comment