Friday, July 18, 2008

A Good Day Going Bad

Every day this week we have had something going on or have been going somewhere. I had nothing planned for today, so I was looking forward to a quiet day with the kids at home. Oh, it started out that way, but things are going downhill.

It is now going on 1:30 and I have still to take a shower. I am wearing my pajamas still along with a pair of sandals. If I am still in my pj's it means I have gotten next to nothing done. I can't stand doing anything around the house with my pj's on, and once Joshua is awake there is no shower until naptime, thus, I've not showered yet. Yes, Joshua is napping now, and this would be a great time to take that quick shower, but things have not been unfolding in such a way to allow it.

Lately Rebekah has not been successful pooping in the potty. She has had successes in the past, but they are always because I have caught her just as she was about to poop in her panties. Peeing is a little different. She holds it until I take her, so she has been very successful with that. The thing about all this potty training is that Rebekah does not initiate going to the potty. Oh, she will ask to go if I am going, but she doesn't suddenly feel the urge and go...except to have an accident.

I decided to start a reward chart for pooping due to all the accidents she has had lately. I just started yesterday, and she's yet to have success, but it's only the second day. However, Rebekah seems to be digressing in her peeing as well. She had an accident yesterday evening only an hour after I had taken her to the potty. Don't you know she just did it again! I was getting Joshua down for a nap, and when I came out of his room she was leaned over holding the toy box and peeing on the floor! I immediately took her to the bathroom where I made her strip down, but she got the floor wet in there too. So she is now in the bathtub waiting on a bath, the floor is wet from a quick mop, and once it's dry I will give her a quick bath.

Oh, boy! Joshua just woke up! He's not even had a full nap. Will I get a shower? I doubt it...not until Darrin gets home.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: