In the past couple of weeks Rebekah has gotten to be a part of two separate tea parties. Recently I had pulled out her ceramic tea set that she received for her second birthday. I had put it away to save it for when I felt like she was mature enough to take good care of it while playing, and now seemed like the perfect time. She was enjoying it so much that I promised her we would host a tea party for one of her friends before Micah's birth. Rebekah selected two of her good friends, and we set the date.
In the meantime, the mom of one of Rebekah's friends from her former ballet class at The Little Gym had contacted me about having a play date. Jasmine was going to have a tea party with another little friend, so Rebekah was invited to join them. The girls dressed in princess dresses, and we painted their toenails. Some of them had their hair done and/or make-up applied. Rebekah prefers not doing her hair, and we applied body glitter and lip gloss in place of real make-up.
Jasmine and Rebekah, a.k.a. Belle and Snow White
The brothers played together while the girls did their thing.
The girls all dolled up
Tea time!
Then on Saturday Rebekah hosted her very own tea party for her friends Maggie and Heidi and their moms LeeAnne and Jessica. We sent out invitations to our friends so the girls would have something to receive in the mail and open.
The girls are ready for tea!
Our guests:
LeeAnne and Maggie
Jessica and Heidi
And, of course, me and Rebekah
I pulled out my Royal Albert "Old Country Roses" china I have collected over time. My Grandma got me interested when she gave me a bud vase several years ago. I started collecting the pieces and received several from my parents and MIL. It was perfect for an elegant and classic Mother/Daughter tea party!
My mom had found a book of Victorian games children used to play. A few were common games played in the parlor at parties. One game was called "I Have a Basket". The person holding the basket says, "I have a basket." The next person says, "What's inside?" The first person replies with something that starts with the letter A. The basket is passed to the next person and the game continues for the letter B, and so on.
I turned on some music for the girls to play "Hot Potato" at Heidi's request, but they ended up dancing instead.
As soon as our guests left Rebekah was already asking to have another tea party for different friends! Tea time has definitely been a highlight over the last couple of weeks.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Two Tea Parties
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
How fun! All the girls and the mommies looked beautiful! Love that you used your fancy china with the girls! So much fun!!!!
Post a Comment