Saturday, March 6, 2010

38 Weeks


Wednesday marked 38 weeks in my pregnancy. It's so hard to believe that we are approaching the day of Micah's arrival. My parents were so wonderful to come over to my house and help get things ready for the big day yesterday. I dropped the kids off at preschool, and they came to the house and worked in Joshua's and Micah's room. My dad cleaned out, organized, and boxed Joshua's clothes that he has outgrown that were still hanging in his closet, and he hung some things on the wall for me as well, while my mom worked on pulling out Joshua's baby bedding, working on the new bedding, laundry, and some general housework. I did housework in the meantime.

My dad picked up the kids from preschool and brought them home. When Rebekah saw her Granddaddy (knowing full well he was going to pick her up) she made a bee-line to him so excited to see him. It's not often that he or my mom pick up the kids from preschool, so it is a real treat for them when the opportunity arises.

The boys' room is coming together really nicely! My mom is stitching up the bed skirt (twin size) to fit the crib, and I still need to do the boys' names with letters on the wall as well as wash some more baby clothes. We will continue to work on that on Sunday evening while the kids and Darrin are at AWANA. I am so grateful that my parents are helping out so much!

Darrin has also been busy helping around the house, installing car seats, and cleaning out the van. It is a blessing to have a husband take care of so much for me at this time. Of course, he's a great dad overall, and he's been wonderful to take care of the kids in the evenings when I am wiped out.

Last Monday I had a check-up with my OB. I get really nervous at times because I have some swelling in my feet, legs, and sometimes hands. It is normal pregnancy swelling, however, with my history of pre-eclampsia with Joshua I am more on edge about it. For the past two weeks I have asked my doctor about it. He has assured me that everything is fine and normal. My blood pressure is very good, and I have lack of protein in my urine, which indicates no pre-e as of now. Lately we had been taking it a week at a time, but now I feel like it's a day at a time. Technically, Micah could come any day, however, the doc thinks it will be sometime late this next week.

The baby's head is pretty far down into my pelvis now. He's around a station -1 (as of Monday) and has been putting some pressure on my cervix, so it's beginning to thin. I had not dilated much since my previous visit, however, but that does not indicate much. I'm beginning to have some very mild contractions this week - nothing alarming. I had multiple contractions per day with Joshua a few weeks before his due date, so we'll just see what happens this time around. Other than that I am feeling pretty good. I am staying busy, and people, including my mom, wonder how I am able to keep going like I do. I take lots of breaks, but I keep moving. By afternoon I am pretty tired and don't feel like doing much, but I continue to take the children to their weekly activities, and will do so until the big day arrives.

I even hosted a Mother/Daughter Tea Party today for a couple of our friends and their daughters, friends of Rebekah, which I'll post about later. I think people thought I was crazy for planning it so close to Micah's birth, but I had to wait until after Joshua's birthday, and this was the first available date we had. It was so worth it, though, and we had a lot of fun!

Now, if I can fit a pedicure in before Micah's delivery, that would be great!

No comments: