Soon after my last post Dr. Harnsberger arrived to break my water. It was great timing because my contractions were already around 5 minutes apart and regular, so my body was starting to go into labor on its own, but with a little help. It took a while for my cervix to reach 6 cm and 90% effaced. After a while I felt like my epidural was starting to wear off, so I called for extra. One of my nurses checked me to discover I was 7 cm. She left to see about extra medicine, but my next contraction hurt a lot more, and another nurse came in to find me complete! It was 5:50 PM, and Dr. Harnsberger was scheduled to be off at 6:00! I got a little extra medicine and then started pushing. Dr. Harnsberger came in at 5:55, and Micah was born after about 3-4 pushes. It was an amazing experience! I had really hoped for a similar delivery as Rebekah's, and it was even better. I only labored for about 3 1/2 hours, and I got the perfect VBAC.
I've been thanking God so much for His allowing me to have such a great delivery and that I could avoid another C-section. I am also so thankful that my OB got to deliver. Another OB from the practice was on his way to perform the VBAC, and although I'm sure he would have been fine, I really wanted Dr. H. to do it. We had a special moment afterwards when Dr. H. prayed with us over Micah and our raising him.
Dr. H. praying over Micah
We had the option of letting Micah go to the nursery for his newborn tests and bath while I move to a mother/baby/recovery room or stay in the labor & delivery room while they transition the baby in the same room. I opted for the latter so that Micah could stay in the room with us. It put moving me to a recovery room late that night, but it was so worth having him in the room for those 2+ hours instead of being separated from him.
In the meantime, my parents brought the kids over to meet their baby brother and to spend some time with us for a little while. Rebekah was very interested in looking at Micah, but she didn't want to hold him. Both the kids seemed more interested in hanging out with me, although Joshua was intrigued with Micah as well. Both the children did give their brother a quick little kiss, and Joshua held him with me. They are looking forward to seeing Micah again today, so that is encouraging.
Our little "MAC" - Micah Andrew Church. He was 6lbs. 7oz. and 18 3/4 inches long.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Little MAC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
Congratulations! He is precious! Glad everyone is doing ok.
Love,
Uncle Derek & Aunt Robin
He is beautiful, Alicia! I'm so glad you had a wonderful delivery! Enjoy that little boy. :)
Alicia, he is BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, those last two pictures of him are magazine-worthy!
I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience!! :)
What a cutie! You look great too! So glad everything went well for you.
He is beautiful! Congratulations!
Alicia, he is SO handsome! I'm thanking God for you that you had such a wonderful VBAC! Ok, now I have baby fever. :)
Congratulations!!!! He's perfect! So happy for you and the awesome delivery. What a blessing!
He is so precious! Glad you had a good delivery.
Congratulations Alicia (and family)! Micah is gorgeous!
Congrats! I can't wait to meet the little guy! :)
He's beautiful!!! Praise the Lord everything went so well!
Congratulations! He is so adorable. Praise the Lord for His giving of another precious child!
Oh Alicia! He is beautiful! I do see a lot of Joshua in him like you said. I can't wait to get my hands on him!
Another huge blessing from the Father's hand! Thank you Lord. The photos are wonderful.
Glad to be His, Ellen
Post a Comment