Rebekah's stitches are out and her gash looks so much better! Dr. Rodgers believes there will be no scar once it has healed and fades. Now, it will take a long time to fade, but I can deal with that.
Every morning and night we changed the bandage, cleaned it up, and medicated it. Every evening Rebekah asked for us to take a picture. Here is a photo log of how the wound healed every two days.
Day 2
Day 4
Day 6
Day 8 (Five of the six stitches removed)
Day 10 (Last stitch removed!)
Friday, January 16, 2009
No More Stitches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wow! It has healed nicely. Are you allowed to put any type of scar medication on it to help reduce the apperance? I had bought some at Walgreens to put on my scar on the front of my neck from my neck surgery and it looks so much better. You may have to wait a little bit before you apply it, but it would be worth it to look into.
I have given you a blog award if you would like to have it. Here is the link to my post.
http://thewoodrumcrew.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-life-hands-you-lemons.html
Yay for the healing and yay for no scar (hopefully). Interesting photos!
Hey, we used that Mederma stuff (and there is another brand too that I'm forgetting) that you put on daily or a few times a day to help with the scar. Unfortunately, Hannah's stiches spots did leave scars on her forehead, so just to forewarn you, I wish we had been more digilant with the scar creams. Also, vitamin E is supposed to be good for that too.
Post a Comment