Over the holidays I had planned to get together with some of Rebekah's friends and their moms whom we don't see all that often due to scheduling conflicts. We only got to schedule a couple of playdates since Rebekah has been really tired lately. I figured it was important to let her have some extra downtime at home, particularly after all the Christmas activities and excitement.
However, we did get to meet up with LeeAnne and Maggie as well as Jennifer and Emmy. New Year's Eve we went to LeeAnne's house. Maggie was very eager to have a friend play with her in her new Rose Petal Cottage she got for Christmas, and I am not sure how much the girls played with it, but by the time LeeAnne and I headed upstairs they had moved on to other toys and activities. The girls had a great time dressing up, Rebekah as Tinkerbell and Maggie as a princess. They proceded to go downstairs to put on a show for us, complete with flying and singing.
Rebekah began by singing, "Gloria!" (the chorus to "Angels, We Have Heard On High")
A funny little story and background to this song: One day I was wearing one of my Christmas sweaters with children angels singing on the bottom of the sweater, complete with a dog angel and a cat angel joining the children. Rebekah asked what they were singing. I told her that maybe they were singing...and then I broke out in "GLO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-RIA!" Ever since then Rebekah would sing it and would ask me to sing it as well. If I sang the verse she would tell me no that it wasn't the same song. Funny, even with explanation and trying to sing the entire song she only liked the refrain. It is so funny to hear her sing the latin, "In exelcis Deo" as well. You can imagine...
Maggie sings one of her songs from her church Christmas program.
Singing "Jingle Bells" together
Rebekah loved fluttering as Tinkerbell, and the girls had such a blast performing in their costumes.
The next day Emmy came over to play with Rebekah. They had not seen each other in over 3 months, so their playdate was long overdue. Rebekah was still in the mood to dress up while Emmy had other interests. Joshua particularly liked having Emmy over as well. I didn't take many pictures, but they seemed to have a good time.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Holiday Playdates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Cute pictures! We had fun playing last week!
Post a Comment