Wednesday, January 28, 2009

God's Treasure

While studying about princesses I have been teaching Rebekah that she is God's princess and how that should play out in everyday life. It has been a great teaching and training tool, such as when she has a bad attitude we talk about how that is not how a princess acts. She absolutely LOVES hearing that she is very special to God and that He treasures her as His own. We are reading a devotional in the mornings from His Little Princess: Treasured Letters from Your King in addition to our regular devotionals. This takes us right into our princess study, and it has been fun.

Normally we only do our schooling on Mondays and Fridays. Wednesday morning is MEMs (Moms Encouraging Moms) Bible study at church, but Rebekah was really exhausted last night, and I felt like she needed an extra day at home. I'm so glad we opted out of going to church even though I know MEMs would have been great for me spiritually and socially. It's always good to have a little break from the kids too, but keeping Rebekah home this morning was more important.

We discussed what a treasure is and how important Rebekah is to God, and then Rebekah did a treasure craft. I found a coloring page of a treasure chest, printed it on yellow construction paper (only because I didn't have brown), cut it out, and Rebekah pasted it to some black paper and added jewels. I glitter glued the writing on her page. Rebekah really enjoys crafts, so this was a fun activity to tie it all together.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the treasure chest craft! I've been eager to hear how it's going for you. I hope that you are feeling good about the unit study and are enjoying it too. :) Thanks for sharing!

Candy said...

What a great craft and way to incorporate little girls' obsession with Princesses into teaching about the Lord! I'll have to do this with my girls!