Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Saturday Darrin brought the Christmas tree upstairs and Rebekah helped me put the decorations on it. When Rebekah was a toddler I didn't have to worry too much about breakable ornaments, although come to think of it, I think I did hang them a little higher than I had the previous years. Joshua is a very motivated little guy and would even get on his tiptoes to reach a glass ornament. He ended up breaking two of them. Rebekah broke one of my childhood ornaments as well, but it was a total accident. She was being such a good helper and accidentally dropped it.

One thing that was kind of funny is that I put several clear glass ornaments wrapped in gold mesh in a crystal bowl. I put a small strand of white lights in the bottom of the bowl and they shine through the gold mesh balls. I had stepped out of the room for a few minutes and when I returned I found several of them hooked onto the tree, courtesy of Rebekah. She just loved hanging ornaments!

This is one of my favorite childhood ornaments, and both the kids really like it. It is a solar powered carousel. With a small tap to one of the children they will go around the carousel with the power of a Christmas light bulb.





This year I thought it would be fun for Rebekah to have her own small Christmas tree in her room. I had anticipated to get one that is about 2 feet, but I came across this 4-foot tree that was just perfect and inexpensive. I wanted white because Rebekah has so much white trim and furniture in her room. I have always thought a white tree with bright ornaments would be fun for kids. I love the colored lights on this tree, and the ornaments match her room so well. I bought some ribbon to make the topper, although I kind of wished I had used a brighter pink, but I think it all turned out really cute!



Hearth Signature

3 comments:

becky bell said...

Very cute! Love the white tree! I'm late getting my decorations up this year. Boy is everything harder with 2!

Candy said...

I thought about getting a colored 4' tree for the girls' playroom, but just didn't do it this year. Rebekah's tree is so cute, and the big tree is beautiful. I love the pic of Rebekah standing in front of it!

Laura said...

Oh, I love the white tree in Rebekah's room! Annalise has a small green one with tiny ornaments, but she'd LOVE a big one like this. I might have to hit the after-Christmas sales for next year! Thanks for the idea!