While Christmas is officially behind us the season still lingers. Sometimes it's easier to get out and enjoy things after all the rush is over and we can relax. Darrin is on vacation until the first of the year, so we've been enjoying movies as a couple and doing fun things with the kids.
Last night we took the kids for a drive to see some lights. We had planned to hit three places, but the kids were tired by the second stop that we cut our night out a bit short. I'm so glad we hit the first house when we did. The kids LOVED it, especially Rebekah! We've been to this house once before when Darrin and I were first married, but I had forgotten about it.
The front porch
Inside the garage - Rebekah loved being in this "room"!
I thought this model of the twin towers was really cool, too.
Today we had a fun day with just Rebekah. We went to the Imax theater to see "The Polar Express" in 3D. When we first arrived we had a few minutes to waste because they were not allowing guests to be seated until a few minutes before the movie started, so this gave Rebekah the perfect opportunity to ask for popcorn.
We have seen the movie many times because Darrin recorded it on our DVR last year. Rebekah has been known to ask to watch it in the middle of summer in fact. As a result we know the movie well, and Rebekah kept exclaiming that we had it at home or she would tell me what was going to happen next. The loud noises of the train or other various parts of the movie hurt her ears in places, but overall she really enjoyed it as did Darrin and I.
After the movie we ate lunch at Cheeburger, Cheeburger (a first for all three of us) and then returned to my parents' house to pick up Joshua.
Unfortunately, I have some bad news about Joshua's ears. They have not cleared up from their last double ear infection. He is on one last round of antibiotics, and if this doesn't work we will pursue an ear, nose, and throat specialist and have Joshua get tubes. Please pray his ears heal and that we won't have to go this route. I'm not opposed to tubes at all, but I'd rather this round of meds kill the infection and avoid tubes if at all possible. Our pediatrician recommended an ENT who is in the same group as mine, and this particular doctor deals with many children. As much as I really like my ENT I am all for going with one who treats children regularly. Hopefully it won't get to that point, but at least I can know more what to expect if it does come down to it.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
More Christmas Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment