Late afternoon and evening my family came to our house to celebrate Christmas and to have a birthday party for Jesus. Soon after they arrived Joshua was loving on his cousin Taylor. I wish I had the camera ready in hand because it was so cute! One of these days when they cooperate better for pictures we're going to have to have some pics made of them that are in the style of Kim Anderson photographs.
After a big Christmas meal we kicked off with the reading of the Christmas story from one of Rebekah's Bible story books and then we opened presents. Our family holds a different tradition than many families in that we open one gift at a time. It is really special this way because everyone gets to see what gifts were given from whom and to whom they were given. It makes for gift opening to last a long time, but it's a tradition I've always loved.
We had a number of coincidences that made for good laughs. My mom and I both got my sister and her family the exact same ornament! Carrie and I had decided not to exchange gifts among our family members except for the kids, but when I saw this ornament at the mall I just had to get it. It is a family of three with a pregnant mother and BABY marked on her belly.
Another really funny thing was that we gave my parents the movie "Prince Caspian" and they bought the same for us. We had also each purchased the movie for ourselves! Looks like we both have returns to make. Also, my parents bought a large box of See's peanut brittle to share with the family, and we gave them the same thing for Christmas. It's pretty scary that my mom and I bought many of the same things!
Joshua was pretty funny in that he wanted to play with Rebekah's and Taylor's toy vehicles. Rebekah got a toy minivan to go with her dollhouse, and Taylor got a Little People SUV. Who cares that the vehicles are pink and purple? Joshua saw wheels and wanted to play with them!
After we opened gifts we sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and had cake. Carrie had brought us a copy of Taylor's 2nd year slideshow, and we watched that while we had cake and holiday punch. We had a great time together, and I'm looking forward to us getting together again on Monday before Carrie and her family head back home.
And here's a laugh for you...
Baby's First Year Photo Frame: $24.99
Ultrasound: $200
Finding out you're having another granddaughter: PRICELESS



1 comment:
We open gifts one at a time too ... I like seeing what others get. Congrats to Carrie on another girl -- how fun!
Post a Comment