Rebekah has always gotten lots of compliments on her gorgeous curls. I sure can't take credit for them because my hair is straight as a stick. Rebekah gets her curls from her Daddy and his side of the family. You can see how much her hair resembles her Aunt Donise's here.
Although she still gets all kinds of compliments on her hair it was starting to get out of control. It has been difficult to detangle in the tub due to its length, and it has been over a year since we had it trimmed. She has only had her hair cut that one time other than when I trimmed her bangs when she was 15 months old.
After reading a book called Curly Girl I decided to tackle cutting Rebekah's hair myself. I started to try to follow as closely to the instructions as possible, but I had a hard time getting it to look even, so I veered from the directions a bit and just did the best I could. The main thing was that I cut it dry because wet curly hair is not the same length as it is dry. Each strand of curls has a different spring, thus if it's pulled straight down and trimmed it will not be even after it dries.
It took me so much longer than it would at a salon, so Rebekah got really fidgety, but overall I think it turned out pretty good. It is a much healthier length, although we lost a lot of corkscrew curls. I really hope they will bounce back in now that she has lost a lot of weight off of it.
Rebekah really wanted me to cut her hair short like one of her little friends, Olivia, at church who has short curly hair. The funny thing is that Olivia wants long hair like Rebekah. I wasn't going to cut Rebekah's hair short, but I like this length even though it is more than I originally had planned.
Here are some BEFORE and AFTER mugshots.
BEFORE
AFTER

Look at all the hair I cut!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Haircut #2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I read Curly Girl a year ago and it has revolutionized my hair! It's a amazing what shampoo does to our hair and how much better it feels without it.
Wow, look at that pile of curls! I'm glad her springy curls are returning ... they are gorgeous!
Her hair really looked cute tonight! She does still have the curls. I want the pile of curls for extensions! haha
Wow! Look at all those curls she lost. I am glad it is curling back up again. It still is pretty though. What we straigh haired girls wouldn't give for some of that curl!
Post a Comment