This week has been a hectic week for me, but it's been full of fun! Sunday after church we ate a quick lunch then I took Rebekah to an annual Mother/Daughter Tea that I have attended for several years. Rebekah has gone since she was a baby. A woman in our church decorated her house from top to bottom on the inside, and it's just gorgeous! She has several parties each Christmas, and this is one that I attend. Each year Julia does a theme for her decorations, and this year it is a red and white Christmas Tree.
Here Rebekah and I are before heading off to the tea.
As we walked into Julia's home and received our handmade red and white Christmas tree pin Rebekah found one of her friends from church and immediately left me to join her friend on the couch. I wish I had a small camera to take their picture. The girls looked so grown up sitting there in their Christmas dresses. Throughout the early part of the party I could really see how much Rebekah was becoming a little lady. She got her own plate and selected a few goodies to eat (although I had to tone her down on how much of one thing she got), then she took her plate off with her to rejoin her friend. No need to hang around Mommy like in the past! She later came to me for punch, but once she had that she took off with it.
Later during the party she discovered the stairs to the basement as well as the stairs to the second floor, and she had much fun exploring the house. It was humorous to me that she still finds stairs entertaining, but I'm sure a lot of that is because we do not have stairs in our house. Overall, we had a really nice time at the tea, and it was great catching up with other women I don't get to see often at church or who have gone on to other churches over the last few years. And of course, many women do not get to see the children much at church, so it was a treat for them to see how much they have grown.
On Monday Joshua took a Play Gym class at the Creative Discovery Museum. I thought it would be a good class for Joshua since I had heard it provides a variety of activities including movement, music, and art. I was a bit disappointed in the class. It does not provide nearly as much movement as I had expected, and the art was something I could do with Joshua at home. There is little music as well, and if I really wanted to pursue music I could do Kindermusik later, but Joshua needs the physical exercise and has the need to tumble.
Yesterday Joshua tried a gym class at The Little Gym, and it was much more what I think will meet his needs. I've signed him up to start classes in January. A few things he wasn't as crazy about, but the more he is exposed to them the more he will like them. Rebekah also had her Little Gym class last night, so I was out there twice in one day. Rebekah is having so much fun in her gymastics class and is really looking forward to taking the dance/gym class in January.
Today Rebekah and I joined a few of our playgroup friends to see a school version of the Nutcracker. I had intended to play the music for about a week for Rebekah, but I didn't get around to finding the music until Sunday, so we really listened to it a lot yesterday. We danced to the music, especially the "Waltz of the Flowers", and Rebekah told me she was a purple flower. Joshua even joined us last night as we danced! It was neat to see Rebekah enjoy the ballet today, and she liked knowing some of the music that accompanied the dancers after having listened to the Nutcracker Suite some. After today's first time attending the ballet this will definitely be an annual event for us, and eventually for Joshua.
This morning Joshua slept in until 8:30, which is really unusual for him. I took him on to my mom's on our way to the ballet, and when I got him home he had a temperature of 101.1. I gave him some Tylenol and got him down for a nap. He slept for about an hour then I got him back down again, and he's still asleep at 6:00. I hope he sleeps tonight!
I was exhausted, so I went to bed to rest while Rebekah played and watched a movie. She came into my room and told me she had to wash her hands. She had gotten into the Tylenol, had drunk some, and poured the rest onto the carpet! I made a call to Poison Control although Rebekah claimed she only took 3 sips. Nothing like feeling like you're going to have to take one child to the ER to have their stomach pumped while the other one is needing rest desperately due to sickness! And to top it off, Darrin is out of town! To my relief, even if Rebekah had drunk a half bottle of Tylenol she would have been within the range of a safe dosage, and she obviously didn't drink that much since so much of it was poured out of the bottle onto the floor. Why is it that stuff like this happens when Darrin is out of town?
Oh, I hope we all sleep well tonight! I'm going to need it!
I've finally finished our Christmas cards and ordered them. If you have not received a card from us in the past and would like to receive one let me know your address and I'll be sure to add you to our list. My email address is Beethoven75 at comcast dot net.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
A Busy Week
Labels:
Christmas,
fever,
holidays,
Nutcracker,
party,
sick,
The Little Gym
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Mattie drank almost an entire Tylenol bottle when she was early two. It's amazing how much of that they can drink before it's poisonous!
:)
So glad Rebekah is OK! I remember the phase when I had to call Poison Control so often I thought I should have had them on speed-dial. It really is amazing how things we think would be harmful really aren't ... at least not in small doses.
Post a Comment