Saturday, August 9, 2008

Things that Make You Go Hmmmm...

One word I wish I had never taught Rebekah is 'vagina'. In the beginnings of potty training I taught her the word, but I wish I had taught her 'private' or something similar. Fortunately, Rebekah has not used the word in public other than in the bathroom at the mall when no one was around, and she only says it at home, but part of me is afraid she is going to blurt it out somewhere that will cause embarrassment.

Lately Joshua has had some diarrhea and a low-grade fever, if you can call it a fever. I'm fairly confident it is due to teething. His temperature has been below 101, and his bowel movements have been mushy to runny. (OK, so if you're not a parent this probably is not what you wanted to know.) Joshua has also had a clear runny nose. Of course, these could be symptoms of a little virus, but Joshua has also had his fingers in his mouth more than normal lately, and it seems like there may be some teeth starting to work their way in, although they have a long way to go before they will cut through. I could see some white under his gums, plus it's been forever since he's cut any teeth, and he only has 6 teeth so far.

So, Joshua has had explosive diapers lately, and I was changing a very explosive one after supper. I had to get Darrin to help me some, and of course, Rebekah knew that something interesting must be happening, so she stands over me while I am cleaning up Joshua on the floor. She looks straight down at him and asks, "Is that Joshua's pbajina?" Darrin and I just give each other "the look". You know that look. It's the look that says, "What are we gonna do?" I told Rebekah no that it was his boy parts. I told her she has girl parts and Joshua has boy parts. Of course, Rebekah went on to talk about boy parts and girl parts, but I was just glad and relieved that she was content with that answer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Oh man, if you think that's bad, you should hear Maggie's penis questions. I was forced to have the boys-are-different-from-girls talk with her b/c she was convinced that when she grew up, she would grow a penis. That, in turn, has led to some very interesting discussions and questions! ;-) I'm trying to be nonchalant about it, b/c I know if I make a big deal about it, she'll just become that much more inquisitive about the issue. Ugh!