Thursday, August 28, 2008

Neighborly Friends

Back in early June as I went out to get the mail in the evening a young family was taking a walk and passed by. They had a little girl close to Rebekah's age. When I asked her how old she was she held up three fingers and told me her age. I told her that I had a little girl who is three also, actually 3 1/2, and her parents told me that their daughter was also 3 1/2. I quickly went inside the house and brought Rebekah out to meet her new friend. Rebekah was bashful at first, but she quickly warmed up to Emmy, and now they get excited to see each other when they can. Emmy's birthday also happens to be exactly one week after Rebekah's, and the family lives just up the street from us. Because Emmy is in full-time daycare the girls don't get to see each other as much as we'd like, but they enjoy the time that they have.

This evening Emmy and her parents, Glenn and Jennifer, came by for a quick visit while out. I was just about to give the kids a bath, but how can you turn down visiting with friends? The girls had so much fun running around together for a few minutes, and I finally got a chance to grab my camera to take some pics.

Hangin' out on the front porch


The girls had a blast running around in the driveway!


We are so thankful for our new friends! They are such a precious family!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us