Saturday, August 9, 2008

Walking, Talking, and Eating

Joshua is showing some more progress lately in his gross motor skills. He is now walking while holding our hands. Before, every time we grabbed hold of his hands and tried to get him to stand and walk he would let his feet go like he wanted us to pick him up. Now he is bearing weight on his legs and walking while we hold his hands. One of my friends suggested putting a hula hoop around him to hold while we guide it around the room for him to walk. I'm going to pick one up on my next trip to Wal-Mart.

Joshua is also saying new words and seems to understand a great deal. The other day Joshua was fussing after a nap. I tried all sorts of things to settle him down and nothing worked. I finally asked him if he was hungry and wanted a snack. Joshua immediately calmed down. I then asked him if he wanted a cracker and he replied, "Yeah". That was exactly what he wanted too!

This morning when I brought Joshua into our bedroom to see Darrin and Rebekah he went straight to his daddy on the bed. Darrin told him to say "Good Morning" to Rebekah, and Joshua said, "Good More". Just this evening he has also said 'tractor' and 'dog'. It's amazing to us what he is learning and saying!

Joshua has also decided to start eating with a fork by himself. Well, we stab the food with the fork and he is feeding himself.



Rebekah didn't want to be left out. She took a really big bite!



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: