Rebekah had her first day of preschool at her new school yesterday. I couldn't be happier with the school. Orientation was last Thursday, and although I knew this is where we wanted Rebekah to get her education, and I already knew it was a great school, I was still impressed with everything. Although I liked where Rebekah went last year I feel like this new school is much more organized and has tighter protection of the children, and I have confidence in the Bible teaching and general education that she will receive here.
Rebekah with her new teacher Ms. Amy at Orientation (We call her Ms. Amy #2 sometimes.)
The first day of preschool before we left the house
In front of the classroom door
Because Rebekah is used to staying until 2:00 she protested going home at noon. Parents have the option of picking up their child at noon or waiting until 2:00. Since all they do in the afternoon is eat lunch then take an hour-long nap, and Rebekah doesn't nap, I figured I would just pick her up at 12:00 most days. Once we got out to the car Rebekah started crying, "I want to go back to preschool!" It was a challenge to get her in the car at all, and it was raining on top of all this. I told Rebekah I would let her stay until 2:00 on Thursday, so we'll see how that goes. I think she was not happy about leaving while some of the kids were staying. She didn't want to miss out on anything. At least I know that she loves her new preschool, the class, and her teacher.
One thing I need to make sure the teacher knows is that Rebekah is pretty new to the pottying world. Once we arrived home and I picked up Rebekah out of the car I noticed that her bottom was wet. I felt the car seat and it was damp. I asked her if she pee'd in her carseat. No. She told me she pee'd on the potty at preschool. I checked her legs and they weren't wet. After talking about it with Rebekah I finally asked her if she pulled her panties down when she went to the potty. No. I guess I've crippled Rebekah in this area because I help her too much. I need to give her more independence with pulling down and pulling up her panties, but she usually fights me on it because it can sometimes be a challenge for her. I've gotten into the habit of helping her, so I need to do that less. So, tomorrow I'll have a talk with Rebekah's teacher about this. I wonder if Rebekah got help from her teachers in the past or if she did it on her own. Or maybe wearing a dress that day made a difference. Hopefully Rebekah will help with the potty issues too.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Rebekah starts Preschool
Labels:
pictures,
potty,
potty training,
preschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yeah! I'm glad that her first day went so well and you are happy with her new school. Hopefully she gets the hang of pottying on her own better. I know how that goes.
Post a Comment