We've had a couple of fun and busy days lately. Yesterday I had some bread that was expired, so instead of tossing it I decided to take the kids to the duck pond to feed the ducks. Unfortunately, I did not have an opportunity to take any pictures. The kids rode in the stroller out in the grass, and as we strolled over toward the water one duck quickly headed our way. As soon as I tossed it some bread all the ducks came swarming over to us. We didn't even make it near the water!
Rebekah tossed a few bread crumbs out, but she kept climbing back onto her seat for fear of the ducks snapping at her. Boy, were those ducks famished! There must have been 30 or so of them! Rebekah liked watching them, but mostly from afar. And Joshua was sitting in his seat reaching out to the ducks! I ended up running off several yards away from the kids to draw the ducks away from the stroller for Rebekah's sake. I think she would have been fine with just 2-3 ducks, but there were a lot of them, and it was a bit overwhelming.
This weekend we are going to visit Darrin's mom for a few days and to celebrate her upcoming birthday. The kids painted a small clay pot with their fingerprints. I painted the top light blue for the sky and the bottom green for the grass. The kids' fingerprints made flowers, butterflies, bumblebees, ladybugs, and clouds. We had done this once before for my mom for Mother's Day, and I have been looking for an opportunity for the kids to make one for their Grandy since we wanted to hand deliver the gift. Rebekah especially had a lot of fun painting the flower pot, and I know it will be a special gift that Ann will appreciate.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Busy Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Have a safe visit! The pot sounds great. I remember when you did that before and they turned out so cute. What a wonderful idea!
Post a Comment