Friday, August 1, 2008

Making Progress

Over the past two weeks Rebekah has not made any effort to poop on the potty...until yesterday. She had had an accident nearly everyday, and the incentive chart did not seem to help much. While I was at a consignment sale yesterday I came across two twelve-inch talking Little Einstein dolls - June and Annie - and I about went nuts over them. I knew these would have to be the perfect incentive! Just as I was checking out I got a phone call from Rebekah. She called to tell me that she had pooped in the potty! Of course, I couldn't wait to tell her about the dolls, but I did, no, I only waited until I got to tell her in person. Hopefully this will do the trick.

That night we went out to dinner to celebrate my mom's birthday. It was two weeks late due to conflicts and previous postponements, but we finally got to go. While there Rebekah initiated going to the potty! It was the first time she's ever asked to go when she felt the urge. She did it again today, so she is showing progress across the board!

Here are some pics from our night out at Provino's to celebrate my mom's birthday.






After dinner we went to my parents' for dessert and so the kids could play.


Rebekah is as surprised over my mom's gift as she is!



Yesterday was also Rebekah's last day of preschool for the summer. Starting this fall she will be at a new school, so I had to get a couple pics of Rebekah with her teachers as well as her friend Brock. Brock and Rebekah were very good friends last winter and spring, and they were in the same class again this summer.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Candy said...

Way to go, Rebekah! I hope the pt success continues. That's great!