Fortunately, we were able to spend Mother's Day as a family with my side of the family. Joshua had a low-grade fever over the weekend, but it all appears to have been from teething. Sunday I noticed he got his 4th tooth...finally! He was especially cranky Saturday and even clingy with me on Sunday, so I really believe that tooth is the culprit. He now just needs the middle top teeth to fill in the large gap in front.
Darrin and I also each made a trip to the urgent care on Saturday to determine that we both have sinus infections. Now that we are on antibiotics we are recovering, although Darrin seems to be a day behind me going through the illness and recovering. He felt pretty crummy on Sunday, and I wasn't a whole lot better, but we made the best of Mother's Day and enjoyed our time with my parents and my sister and her family. I am just so thankful that I got to spend the day with everyone because I thought I might miss out on seeing my sister and her family while they were in town.
The only bad thing about the day was that because we were not feeling great we missed church. Steve Green did a mini-concert during the morning services, and I was disappointed to have to miss it.
Here are some pictures from our day with my family.
3 Generations Left to right: My sister Carrie holding Rebekah, my mom holding Carrie's little girl Taylor, and me holding Joshua.
Next is just Carrie, my mom, and me
Me and my little blessings - How many times does it take to get a good shot with both kids?

Here are some candids of the kids
And guess what Darrin and the kids got me for Mother's Day?! A Wii!!! The bad thing is that it doesn't work. Darrin is going to have to exchange it as soon as Wal-Mart gets some more, otherwise, he'll have to send it to Nintendo. I wish we could have played it yesterday, but other than that I couldn't have asked for a better day than spending it with my family.


1 comment:
The pics are great, Alicia! It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day, even with the ickies.
Post a Comment