This weekend has been a fun weekend as a family. I just love long weekends when Darrin has an extra day off work and we can just spend extra quality time as a family. I did get to have a little while for some time away, though.
Saturday afternoon I went to a baby shower for a friend from playgroup. It was nice to have about 3 hours kid-free and be able to have adult conversation. And of course, I love the games! I am brutally competitive and had much fun playing the game where you can't say certain words. Sometimes I do well and other times I forget and slip up, but I managed to win on Saturday.
Becky, the mom-to-be again
Becky and her family - mom, sisters, and sister-in-law
Playgroup Moms who attended
Sunday morning we all made it to church for both the worship service and Bible fellowship class. It's been a while since we have been able to attend both as a family. Joshua struggled in the nursery during the first hour. He is at the age where he is dealing with separation anxiety pretty badly. He does not want to be away from me for long, and he cried every time someone opened the door to enter the room or leave. During the second hour he was the only one in his class so they moved him to the toddler 1 class, and he was much happier. I think part of it may have been because they have more fun toys in that class. The children in there are walking, but I have a feeling it won't be long before he will be able to promote to that class.
On the way home from church Joshua konked out in the car. He continued to sleep while we had lunch and when he woke and ate lunch Rebekah played with their new sand and water table. I bought a foam letters puzzle to put on the concrete and underneath the table to give Joshua a soft landing spot should he fall while playing with it, and I filled the sand side with rice. Rebekah hates having her hands dirty with sand, and I am not too crazy about the possibility of Joshua eating sand, so when someone mentioned the idea of using rice in place of sand I thought it was a brilliant idea. As you can see, Rebekah enjoyed playing in the rice.
Today we spent the afternoon outside enjoying the summer-like weather. My parents were on their way home from a mini-vacation in Townsend, TN, and stopped by for a visit. Darrin pulled out the kiddie pool for Rebekah. We had intended to let Joshua use his baby water mat, but we're not sure where it is, so Joshua enjoyed the pool with Rebekah for a little while...until he decided he had had enough. I think the water was just a little too deep for his liking. Rebekah had tons of fun playing in the water, but she relaxed so much that she pooped in the pool! I guess after a day and a half of not pooping she was bound to do so. I've learned my lesson to have a swim diaper on her in such instances in the future.
Monday, May 26, 2008
Memorial Day Weekend
Labels:
family,
holidays,
Memorial Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Fun, fun weekend! We also had to break out the little swimming pool. I have a feeling Annalise will want to live in it this summer. Hopefully it will remain poop-free though! :) Haha...
Post a Comment