Thursday, May 8, 2008

Good News!

Rebekah seems to be over the hump and recovering from her virus! Praise God! Yesterday I was concerned that she might have a UTI, so I took her to the pediatrician. We tried to get a urine sample, but she wouldn't do anything, so they pricked her finger to do some blood work. Her white count is perfect, so they sent us home with a urine test to check for a UTI. I haven't had a chance to test with it yet, but we are pretty confident that her urine is just really concentrated and her bladder is most likely not infected. The pediatrician told us it is probably just a really stubborn virus.

Well, wouldn't you know? Yesterday evening Rebekah was acting more like her normal self. She started jumping on top of Darrin and me while we were resting on the couches. She was definitely feeling much better, and her fever was gone. It hasn't returned since! I can tell that Rebekah is on the mend. She is not 100% yet, but she's definitely improving. She even started picking on Joshua again, so you know that is a good sign (sort of). Today we are staying home so Rebekah can continue to rest and recover.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

I'm glad Rebekah is feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Rebekah is on the mend! We are dealing with frequent accurances of UTI's with Jordan. In fact I had to take her back yesterday. They are now wanting to get a 2nd opinion at either Cincinatti Children's Hospital or Vanderbilt. She has had every test possible and actually has a double kidney on the right side...long story. I will email you and tell you what is going on. Just wanted you to know I was happy to read that Rebekah was feeling much better!

Candy said...

I'm so glad that Rebekah is on the mend and doing better! It's such a relief when they are back to normal. The unknown can get so scary when it involves our children!