Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother/Daughter Luncheon

In celebration of Mother's Day our church hosted a Mother/Daughter Luncheon today. It was called "Design on a Dime", and in addition to a lady-style lunch (choice of ham and cheese or chicken salad on a croissant, pasta salad, and mixed fruit), music, and a message we were entertained with a fashion show. Girls and women of all ages from our church walked down a runway showing off great buys which are fashionable and modest. The message shared was about modesty and what God's Word says how we are to dress. Kristen Hammel did a great job relaying the Scriptures to us.

At first I wasn't going to attend the luncheon because I had decided to not take Rebekah, but Tina wanted to go, so we went together since our mother's were indisposed. The reason I left Rebekah at home was because I figured she would be more into visiting with her friends and would have a hard time sitting still for the message. In retrospect, I think she would have enjoyed it, but she definitely would have struggled during the message. I will probably attempt to take her next year, though.

The tables were decorated in the theme of the Red Hat Society. Too cute!


Our table


Tina and me



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Tina said...

Geez, I don't like that look I have. I thought I was smiling more than that! I look like I'm falling asleep. LOL
Happy Mother's Day!