Monday, May 18, 2009

Saying Good-bye

The end of the school year has officially come. Thursday was Rebekah's last day of preschool and Friday was graduation. I took Rebekah in to her classroom instead of dropping her off on Thursday so that I could make sure Rebekah gave her gift to Ms. Amy. Enclosed were the following:


Homemade photo frame (from a CD case) with a picture of Ms. Amy and Rebekah at orientation. Ms. Amy absolutely LOVED this and is excited to have her class make these next year.


Popcorn bag filled with microwavable popcorn, individual packs of candy, and a Blockbuster gift card for some movie nights with her family.


Homemade card from Rebekah

Front cover: Ms. Amy


Inside: I love you
Rebekah


Back cover: picture of Ms. Amy and Rebekah


I got a photo of them for the end of the year.


Before I left Rebekah got involved in the shaving cream fun.



Every time I take Joshua in to Rebekah's classroom with me it is difficult to get him to leave. He has so much fun! He is going to love starting preschool next year!

Friday was graduation for the Pre-K4 and Pre-K5 classes. We had the option of letting Rebekah walk or just sing, and since she has another year of preschool we decided to let her just sing this year. She still received a certificate for completing this year of preschool.

Here is Rebekah with whom she says is her "best friend" Ben.


She says she is going to marry Ben, and she will have 3 kids whose names will be Rebekah, Maggie, and Joshua. Rebekah and Maggie will be twins, and Joshua will be 2 years younger. She's practically got her whole life planned out! One day she told me she was going to be 64 when she got married and her husband would be 66, and she would be 72 when she had kids.

Anyway, back to graduation... The four-year-old classes sang 2 songs for graduation. Rebekah seemed pretty shy on the front row. She sang most of the first song, but she didn't sing much of the second song. She was rather bashful from doing the movements as well. Still, she was so cute up there!

Doing an arabesque before they began to sing. Can you tell this girl loves ballet?





Finally, here is some video. Be sure to turn off the music in the sidebar before you play the video. By the way, the first song takes me back to when I was a kid! You can also see the arabesque in between songs.


Next year Rebekah will be on a different preschool schedule. Part of me wishes we had kept our schedule because all of her church friends who attend the same preschool will be continuing the same schedule next year. They all would have been in the same class. I know Rebekah will make new friends, though.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

LeeAnne said...

Cute pictures!! Maggie's last week of school is this week - can you believe the year is already over?!? I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to a SLOW-paced summer! :)