Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Official

If you've been following my blog or if you have talked with me much about our potty-training issues you know that Rebekah pee-trained late, and you know what a struggle it has been. Although she was late she did it quickly. She is one of these children that has to do it in her own timing, and nothing I say or do will matter much. Finally, on her 3 1/2 birthday she decided to pee on the potty and has done great since, although she still had accidents, and they frustrated me to no end.

Well, as expected, poop training took a little longer. Right around Christmas we had decided that since Rebekah was doing so well using the potty across the board that we would reward her with something really special. We told her that if she could go a whole week with no accidents (pee and poop, but emphasizing poop) that we would take her to Libby Lu for a make-over (minus the real make-up). They fix up their hair, do their nails, and let them dress up, and they were having a 1/2 off sale to boot!

Rebekah was so excited about the make-over. I had brought home a brochure, and she had selected some styles she liked. She would go almost a whole week before she had an accident, so we had to start all over. Well, after the first of the year I went to the children's department in Belk and saw that Libby Lu had actually not just had a sale; they had gone out of business! I told Rebekah we would do our makeover at home. I found some glittery nail polish and glittery body spray and some cute ponytail holders with glittered ribbon. We were all set.

Rebekah finally earned her makeover last week! In fact, she had gone more than seven days without an accident. So, Saturday she put on her Cinderella dress she got for her 3rd birthday. It is a size 2/3, so it's already getting too small, and a couple places have torn as a result. However, we let her wear the dress. I fixed her up, nails and hair. She liked the nails okay, but she did not like her hair. And she did NOT want me to take a picture!


The only thing we could figure out was that she missed having it done at Libby Lu. Oh, well. I tried. And it's all in the past now.

On top of her daytime potty success, Rebekah has been waking dry in the morning for as long or longer than she has gone accident-free during the day. So, as of last Thursday night Rebekah has been wearing regular panties to bed! We are so proud of the progress she has made! One kid down, one to go...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

LeeAnne said...

WTG Rebekah! That frown is hilarious!

becky bell said...

Way to go! I know you are as glad about her as I am about Max. Maybe the second children won't be as bad! :)

Candy said...

That is awesome! Congrats Rebekah (and Alicia!)