It's hard to believe, but on Monday Micah hit his first month birthday. It seems like he should still be this little newborn. Wasn't he just born? He is starting to grow out of the newborn stage now and looking more like an infant.
At his check-up on Wednesday he weighed 8lbs. 2oz. and was 21 1/2 inches long. He gained a whole whopping two pounds from the time we left the hospital! He is doing great in his milestones as well. He is lifting his head up really well and is even starting to track with his eyes. I noticed one day last week that he would turn his head to follow me with his eyes.
Micah is sleeping well too. He is going about 5-6 hours every night before waking up to feed, and he only wakes once in the night. What a blessing that is! He usually wakes between 2:30 and 3:30 and then the next feeding is the start of his daily routine. He is not on a strict schedule, but he definitely has a routine of sleep, wake and eat, and play time.
Even though this child was definitely a little surprise he has been such a joy and blessing in our family. I am so thankful for our precious baby boy. And even though Rebekah really wanted a sister she is enjoying her baby brother too. The other day as I was holding Micah Rebekah approached me and asked if she could play with him. I laid him on his play mat, and let her enjoy him. Joshua came running behind to join in the fun. It was so precious to see all three of our children enjoy each other! What a blessing that is for a mom to watch!
I have decided to change my blog address. It will be www.our-3-blessings.blogspot.com. The only change will be the number from 2 to 3 to fit our family with 3 children. This will take place on Wednesday. I will post a daily reminder so that you don't forget.
Saturday, April 17, 2010
One Month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment