First I want to make mention and remind you that I'll be changing my blog address to www.our-3-blessings.blogspot.com on Wednesday. So don't forget to update your blog list or favorites, however you find me. :-)
My sister is in town for a week since they are on spring break at home. Her youngest daughter Katelyn will be a year old at the end of this month, so they threw her a family (and one friend) birthday party on Saturday. The cousins especially enjoyed each other. Rebekah and Taylor always hit it off because they are both girls, and Joshua enjoyed both Taylor and Katelyn. He doted on Katelyn some like he does Micah. Katelyn even was interested in Micah as well. It is so fun to watch them enjoy each other. I just wish we all lived closer so we could spend more time together.
Katelyn crawled over to visit Micah.
Carrie made the cake - too cute!
The funny faces of Kate-Kate (or who Joshua calls Kate-Cake)
Playtime!
By late afternoon Rebekah was not acting herself. She was trying to keep up with Rebekah and Joshua, but she was dragging. She even chose to go lay down after an unsuccessful nap for the three-year-olds. She managed to eat a little bit of dinner but soon curled up my in dad's lap under a blanket. It is unlike her to settle down like that unless she is tired or sick. Since Rebekah was finishing up an antibiotic for an ear infection my first thought was that maybe her ear was acting up again. She had a low-grade fever, so Darrin took her to PM Pediatrics to get checked. The doctor said her ear is fine now, but to continue the medicine, and that she has a viral infection. While there they noticed that Rebekah was developing a rash.
Last night, or early this morning, around 3:30 AM Rebekah came crawling in bed with us scared of the dark. As Darrin was getting ready to leave for work at 6:15 he was going to take Rebekah back to her bed. She cried not wanting to go, so I told him he could let her stay. As I kissed her forehead I noticed she was warm to the touch. Her temp had gone back up to about 100.0. Darrin decided to stay home and take her to the pediatrician since not only was her fever back, but her rash was worse. Dr. R. confirmed that this is a virus. Rebekah was really difficult this morning. It was obvious she wasn't feel the best, but throughout the day she has felt better. Her rash also hurt this morning before giving her Tylenol. She has been back to herself this afternoon playing quietly, making paper books, drawing, dressing up, and even asking to make up a fruit salad concoction of cherry yogurt, chopped apples, sliced bananas, and wheat thins. Her temp has been normal all day, so we will see about getting together with my sister again tomorrow. It will really all depend on if she has a fever again and how she is feeling since the rash itself is not contagious. As long as she doesn't have a fever she won't be contagious.
So, if you would say a little prayer for Rebekah. Hopefully no one else will get sick and we can enjoy some more family time before my sister and her family head back home.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Fun Family Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hi Alicia!
Super cute pictures!! How is Rebekah feeling? Better, I hope!
I can't add your new blog to my feedreader. Have you started it yet?
Rebekah is better! Her rash has faded and she hasn't had a fever since yesterday morning.
I have not put the blog on the new address yet. That will take place on Wednesday. I think if I put it on there now it will remove it from this address.
Post a Comment