Since the kids go to preschool on Wednesdays I had not planned on doing anything with Carrie today. I figured the kids could play this afternoon while I took Micah to Breastfeeding Support Group and then we might visit a bit, but that would be all. Well, my parents and my sister had decided to go to the zoo today, and since it was cooler this morning they were thinking about going in the afternoon, particularly since I said we'd join them if they waited until lunchtime. So that is what we did. Grandpa is visiting for a few days while Carrie is here so he can see most of his great-grandchildren at once, plus, he hadn't gotten to meet Micah yet.
Yesterday we had a little get together at my parents' house. We had planned to go to Coolidge Park, but it rained us out, so we just hung out at the house instead. Grandpa joined us then and then again for the outing to the zoo. I have to say that I was very impressed that he walked so much. He did great! He used one of the strollers as a support for his balance.
Here Grandpa held Micah for the first time before we headed out to the zoo.
Here are a few animal highlights from our visit.
This mama Tamarin is carrying 2 babies on her back, although you can only see one because the other one is on the other side of her.
What did Micah do the whole time?
Grandpa managed to get all the girls in one place for a brief moment.
While we were looking at the chimps my mom and I saw Rebekah looking at one of the information posts about them. Rebekah told us she read it, so we asked her to read it aloud. Sure enough! She read all but Gombe Forests, and she almost read chimpanzees calling it "chimpanz". I wish I had a photo of it now. She read more than I realized she knew.
Carrie and I took our oldest girls on the carousel (Joshua didn't want to ride it) before heading home. It was a fun afternoon, especially for $1 per person on Dollar Day.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
More Family Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment