Monday, August 3, 2009

Meet Baby Church


Today, at 7 weeks 5 days, was my first appointment with Dr. Brody. We got to meet our newest addition to the family, hear the heartbeat, and solidify the due date. The baby measures almost 1 1/2 cm which confirmed the estimated due date to be March 17. Since I will have a repeat C-section the date will be bumped up to around March 8-9. Darrin's brother Derek was born March 9, so he may be sharing his birthday with his new niece or nephew.

Even though the shock is starting to wear off some I still couldn't believe that we were looking at a baby growing inside of me! It finally seemed real. After we got home I showed Rebekah the ultrasound picture. She is so proud! She carried off the picture to her chair, sat down, and just stared at it. She is going to do great with a new little baby in the house. She is always talking about the baby inside my tummy and asking if it's a boy or a girl. She's hoping for a sister, but I'm sure she'd enjoy another little brother as well.

I'm having some "morning sickness" again with this pregnancy. Some days I feel better than others, but the sickness has been worse this weekend. I now have some medicine to help fight the nausea, so I hope to feel better as a result. The main thing is to keep myself healthy and able to take care of the children.

Thanks for all the prayers! We are getting more and more excited about this baby. We are definitely entering another adventure as we prepare for a third little blessing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yay! The little peanut looks cute! :) I bet Dr. Brody was surprised to see you again? I know you were surprised to be seeing him again too. LOL